Most exciting in Mackenzie's development is that she rolled over for the first time last Saturday (at 3 1/2 weeks)! I couldn't believe it (I thought Sophia was really early at 6 weeks!) and she did it twice so I was able to get it on video. Mamaw and Tita were even up here for the night and were able to see this first. Here are some pictures of the last month and video of the first roll.
Noelle loves her new cousin :)
Sophia has been such a GREAT big sister and helper for mommy!
Mackenzie's first bath...
Happy Thanksgiving...
Mackenzie's rolling over for the 2nd time!
St. Nick came for all of us even little Mackenzie, but you have to look hard to find her shoe...
In other news Andy and I decided we needed all the help we could get this year, so we invested in an elf on this shelf. I was hesitant to do so because the elf is supposed to moved every night and those of you that know me well know how successful I'm likely to be with something I have to remember to do every night. Although 3 nights in and so far so good. In fact we decided we'd have some fun with it and Andy put together a good scene the 2nd night (see below). It hasn't had quite the effect on behavior that we were hoping for and Sophia broke the one rule 2 of our first 3 days and touched our elf, Freddie, but we are working through those snags. I mean realistically what else should we have expected from the 3 year old that teaches the rest of her preschool class to say "OMG" and responds to her Mamaw's request to do something (I can't even remember what t was now) with "now mamaw you know I don't listen". An my favorite from this week is when I dropped here off at daycare this morning an her teacher told me that when the kids had free play yesterday she looked over in one of the areas while they were playkng and there was play dough all over the floor. She asked who did it Sophia and one if the boy in her class got guilty looks on their faces and then Sophia got a smile and said "maybe the elf on the shelf did it!" Nice, blame it on the elf.
Andy's masterpiece. Freddie hosting a tea party with Sophia's stuffed animal friends...
Today Freddie wanted to leave a little reminder for Sophia.



No comments:
Post a Comment