We'll start with Mackenzie's first experience with solids. She took to it like a champ and by the second bite had the concept down pat!
By the second food session Sophia was already doing some of the feeding. I'm surprised we were able to hold her off to the 2nd day.
On St. Patrick's Day instead of dressing in green we dressed in pink this year! Mindy and I took Sophia and Lauren to see the Pinkalicious play downtown. These two were soooo excited to say the least.
A couple weeks later we headed to Peoria for Easter. Andy's birthday was the day before, so we celebrated with a family dinner at one of Andy's favorite restaurants.
Here Sophia is telling Noelle a very silly secret.
Apparently it was pretty funny.
Yes our other daughter was there, but was sleeping through the entire dinner. Sadly those days are most certainly behind us now.
The next day we celebrated Easter. Sophia and Mackenzie with their baskets from the Easter bunny.
The 3 cousins celebrating together. If you recall a similar picture from Christmas these looks on Noelle and Mackenzie are becoming a common occurrence when Sophia is in close proximity. I'm sure in 4 years the tables will be turned!
Happy after the bath!
In early April I finally decided that I could not repeat the same mistakes this time around. I just had to cut Mackenzie's hair. I couldn't let her succumb to the same "comb over" look that poor Sophia endured. I'm not sure where Andy was that evening, but he was busy doing something so Sophia was my photographer. She did a pretty good job!
Sporting her new do!
Sophia always wants to help with bath time.
Getting a check up from Doc McHerbst.
In April we celebrated Mackenzie's baptism. The poor baby missed her nap and was so tired that at the beginning of the baptism when they have the parents and godparents make a cross on the baby's head with their thumb as the first person was doing so it put her right to sleep. It was quite amusing as if it was magic. I was starting to think I had uncovered some miracle. Sadly, it was not able to be repeated in the future...believe me I tried. Lots of pictures from the day...
Uncle Jason and Christina, the godparents.
Grandma and Grandpa Herbst.
G&G Herbst, Aunt Andrea and cousins Roman and Gianna.
Uncle Kiki and Aunt Emmy.
Mamaw. Need we say more?
Tita, Uncle Tony, Aunt Salime and Christina.
Proud godparents!
Having fun with dad one day...
The girls celebrated Mother's Day with grandma and mom.
My first Mother's Day with both my girls. Couldn't ask for more!
We went back down to Peoria in May to celebrate Noelle's first birthday. When we stay there Sophia always stays in my mom's room. She sleeps on her air mattress next to my mom's bed on the side where Jack slept. One morning my mom woke up to hear Sophia talking. She was standing in front of Jack's nightstand where my mom keeps a lot of the statues she got after Jack's passing. A little excerpt of what my mom heard..."OK now everybody line up. Everybody line up in a straight line behind Jesus. Jesus is our line leader today." Below is what my mom saw when she looked over. I just cannot wait to tell her this story when she is older. Oh and yes I am aware that it is an angel leading the line and not Jesus...apparently we have some work to do on that.
Mamaw enjoying all her granddaughters.
Uncle JJ came up to spend the weekend with us over Memorial Day. It worked out well as we had some landscaping planned for the weekend, so he got to spend time with his nieces AND help with landscaping :)
Bundled up hanging outside while we were working.
Wow this is a lot to get through in one post. Looks like I'll have to end it here and pick up with June in the next post.
To be continued...
I know it's upsetting, but please don't cry I'll do my best to post again soon.



No comments:
Post a Comment