We went to the doctor again today and looks like things are slowly moving along. Two weeks ago I was 1/2 cm dialated and 30% effaced, last week I was 1cm dialated, and today I was 2cm dialated and 70% effaced. Doesn't tell us when labor will happen, but the doctor said it does mean my body is getting ready for labor and it's a good sign that I'm continuing to progress. We also set an induction date just in case I go past my due date. It's set for March 3rd, so within the next 2 weeks we will definitely be parents!! The doctor also stripped my membranes today which he said may or maynot help bring on labor. I know it really sounds like fun, but it wasn't...ouch! Hopefully it was worth it and I will soon go into labor naturally.
It's hard to believe how big my belly has actually gotten lately. I had to ask the doctor last week how big he thought our baby was because I was starting to get a little worried! He said he thought she was low to mid 6 lb range, and that she would gain about 1/2 lb each week. That was good news, but I guess that means all those ice cream sundaes from the last 9 months are going to stick with me for a little while. Here's a picture for those of you I haven't seen in a while...
1 comment:
looks like your hopes came true...
Post a Comment