Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Goodbye '09, Hello 2010!!

I've realized when you take a month off from blogging and that time happens to span Christmas and New Year's there's a lot of catching up to do! Sophia is walking so much these days. We spent Christmas day in Illinois with lots of family. It was good times. Sophia had fun opening all her presents, which I was surprised she was actually able to do. We held our first annual Christmas family game night competition for charity which I (and St. Jude) am proud to say was won by Rachel and Kevin! Word on the street is next year there will be a trophy involved. We headed back home on the 26th and celebrated Christmas with the Herbst family. Sophia had lots of fun seeing her grandma and grandpa Herbst again. Here are some pictures from Sophia's first Christmas.







Sophia on her new rocking horse from Uncle Kevin and Aunt Emily.

With all her grandmas...




And now grandpa...






Playing with new toys...







After a fun week of Christmas activities we spent New Years at a party with the dinner club, which has become our annual tradition. It was a lot of fun to have everyone together for the night. We set pack n plays each of the bedrooms for the kids and then all the adults hung out on the basement. Sophia actually woke up just before midnight so she joined mommy and daddy for the new year, which was nice. Of course I was bad and didn't get pictures that night :(

We also just had another decent snowfall recently and decided it was time for Sophia to get out an experience the snow. She didn't seem too excited, but that's not too surprising since her mom and dad don't get all that excited about the cold and snow either. She did look cute in her snowsuit though...



Watching dad shovel the front steps...





Here are some other pictures from throughout the month...



Our little Cindy Lou Who...



No thank you...I do NOT need my clothes!




After a tough day at day care...



Sophia also learned how to climb the stairs recently...I couldn't believe she climbed all the way up on her first try. Her's a video of her climbing (of course I didn't get to roll up her pants before she took off!)

1 comment:

Ummy said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the diaper picture by the door! Her face made me laugh out loud! what a cutie!
~sara