Thursday, February 4, 2010

I Love Our Day Care

Boy do I love our day care!  Let me start by saying I have attachment issues when it comes to my daughter (yes I recognize it and can admit it freely). Maybe issues isn't the right word...that sounds too negative. It's just that I hate being away from her. Yes everyone needs and should have time away from their children every once in awhile. It's good for the kids and it's good for the parents. But when I'm away from her during the day 5 days a week it's hard not to want to spend all my time with her otherwise. Plus she's just so darn cute!! So although I know I would never make a good stay at home mom, it's still really hard for me to be away from Sophia all day every day (and I know I am so lucky to get a lot of flexibility that most working mom's don't).

One thing that makes those days much easier for me...our day care. The longer Sophia is there the more we love that place. Sophia loves the staff and they love her - and that is so comforting. As she gets older I see how she interacts with the kids and teachers more and more. And while she still doesn't want me to leave her in the morning she also doesn't want to go home some evenings. She has too much fun playing with everyone and everything. We got the following email today from one of the teachers in the toddler room that is semi connected via a shared kitchenette and changing area to Sophia's room.  And the latest event sparking the desire to profess my love for Bright Days Learning Center :)

"Hi Rachel and Andy-
Sophia came over to play with Toddler One after lunch today! She is always trying to sneak whenever a door is open to our room. She got through today and stayed a little bit.
So, I thought to take some pictures of her, since I do love to take pictures of the kids. She did great reading books by herself and sitting on the floor with a fun toy.
Enjoy,
Blair Toddler One"



Man that makes the days go by easier!

On another great note...baby Addison arrives tomorrow!!  Best of luck Jamie!

No comments: