Sophia's new favorite book is her Sesame Street Bubbles Bubbles book. A couple days ago we were hanging out in our family room and I told Sophia to go get her Bubbles Bubbles book from her playroom. Andy looked at me and said "yeah right...I'd be really impressed if that happened" (in a fairly sarcastic tone I might add). So I encouraged Sophia to get her Bubbles Bubbles book. After a couple of "Bu, bu's" she walked into her playroom. Out she came...empty handed. I had faith my baby could do it, but she does get distracted easily :) Of course I got an I told you so look from Andy. Couldn't let that stand, so I tried again. She walked right back into her playroom and I heard her playing with some toys...uh oh...but after saying bubbles bubbles to her from the other room she came right back out carrying her bubbles bubbles book. I knew she could do it! I was so proud...it was really the first time she's done anything like that. And Andy was so impressed! Here is daddy reading her Bubbles Bubbles after she got the book for us.
In other news, I bought a potty for Sophia last week. I know it's really early, but I thought maybe it will give her lots of time to get used to it before we start potty training. Of course this could backfire too. Here are some pictures from the first evening I put the potty together.
Wow, maybe she'll pick this up really quick...
OK, that's not quite it...
Well, maybe there's a bit more work we need to do...
Hmmm, really?!? Ok aparently we have a lot of work to do!

On Saturday we took Sophia downtown to the Children's Museum for a little bit of play time. It was our first time there and they have a toddler area for the little kids. She liked the slide...
Taking a break at the bottom...The first couple of times down the slide were a bit rough...
But then she got the hang of going down on her own...
And there was a little carpeted ramp a that she kept walking up and down (and multiply that by about 50)...
Some other recent pictures...
Dad, look at me please...
Look at that hair...
Such buddies...
Maya heard the snow was melting outside and wanted to check it out for herself...
Have a good night!

















No comments:
Post a Comment